Wirringa Baiya have a range of fact sheets that we distribute across NSW, free of charge. If you would like to order any of our fact sheets, please download our Fact Sheet Order Form or you can download them by clicking on the fact sheet you want.
1. Me and the Police – Explains your rights around being stopped, searched or detained by police.
2. Me and Security Guards – Discontinued
3. Bullying – What is bullying and how to report it.
4. Domestic Violence and AVO’s – Info about domestic violence, what an AVO (Apprehended Violence Order) is and how to get an AVO.
5. Victims Support – Info about victims compensation, who can claim and where claims should be lodged in NSW
6. Need a Lawyer? – Explains what lawyers/solicitors do and what to expect from a solicitor or barrister.
7. Discrimination and Sexual Harassment – Describes discrimination and sexual harassment, where and how to make a complaint.
8. Adult Sexual Assault – Info about adult sexual assault, who to talk to and what to expect if you report it to the police.
9. I’m Homeless – Info for people getting accomodation and support. (Under Construction)
10. Depression and Self-Harm – Info about depression and getting help.
11. Protecting Kids from Sexual Abuse – Info about looking after kids, the signs to look for and what to do if a child discloses abuse.
12. Bad Secrets – Info for young people about child sexual abuse, about being safe and what to do if you feel unsafe or scared.
13. Sexting – Info about keeping safe when using technology and social media (such as Facebook and Snapchat).
14. Cyberbullying – What is cyberbullying and how to report it.
‘Do You Need Legal Help?’ Wirringa Baiya Flyer – Gives an overview of the services offered by Wirringa Baiya to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, children and youth.
‘Do you need legal advice? Wirringa Baiya Posters – A3 size